If you are a car owner, your primary goal is to ensure you take good care of your car. One intrinsic way to ensure your vehicle is running well in an adequate manner is conducting regular maintenance. The article below explains when it is essential to service your vehicle and perform other maintenance necessities.
According to manufacturers, a car owner should service their vehicle after 12,000 miles or after an average of 12 months, depending on which comes first. Some other new model vehicles have an intelligent self-diagnostic system that helps identify when your car is ready to be serviced. The self-diagnostic system scrutinizes the condition of your vehicle. It provides various alerts on your dash with adequate time for fluid level checks, essential component checks, engine oil change, and vehicle maintenance services.
Common Auto Repairs
These are some of the most common auto repair services you can expect. Manufacturers suggest how often you should conduct each auto repair service. For vehicles with self-diagnostic systems, they will alert you when your vehicle requires essential auto repair services. The following are common auto repairs to expect:
- Oil change- every car will require an oil change after traveling for an average of 3,000 miles. However, for vehicles using modern lubricants, you can change the oil after every 5,000-7,500 miles.
- Alignment- it is crucial to align your vehicle after 2-3 years. Also, to maximize safety, you can perform alignment when changing the oil of your car.
- Tire rotation- manufacturers suggest that you should perform tire rotation every 7,500 miles or after six months.
- Brake service- you should perform brake service if they are not functioning well or after 20,000-50,000 miles.
- Windshield wipers inspection after every 6-12 months.
- Battery replacement after an average of three years
Does your Vehicle Need to See a Mechanic?
Before a vehicle or truck breaks down, it will show signs that it is not performing correctly. The three most common warning signs that indicate you need to see a mechanic are; leaking fluids, loud noises, and weird smells. The modern vehicles with built-in warning systems will display on the dashboard with warning lights.
It is recommended that you should check the fluids of your vehicle or truck every month. The inspection process involves ensuring the fluids are at a sufficient level and are clean.
Most manufacturers recommend that every person get an oil check after every three months or after 3,000 miles. If you have a newer model, you can change the oil after 6,000miles.
Ideally, you should rotate your tires after an average of 7,500 miles or after six months. By rotating the tires, you ensure that you rotate the wear evenly in your tires.
Proper maintenance of your vehicle ensures its safety and dependability. It also helps to ensure fuel efficiency and prolong the life span of your car. Ensure you minimize costly repairs by conducting routine maintenance inspections.